Sunday, March 23, 2008

Infestation!

Tonight while we were eating dinner, a magical and disgusting thing occured. I finished a bowl of stir fry and got up to get a second helping when I realized there was a layer of flying bugs covering the screen window in our kitchen. About ten of them had already found their way in and discovered the stir fry (good thing it had a lid protecting it)! I yelled to Lea Ann to grab the Raid and then I sprayed the window and evacuated the kitchen...only to find that they were coming in through both of our sliding glass doors downstairs!

Lea Ann panicked and ran upstairs to check the bedrooms and I started killing bugs! I've never seen anything like this, there must have been a thousand of them at every window! They were all shedding their wings and flopping around pretty helplessly...so I took care of it quickly. Here is a picture of the aftermath. I guess we have some sweeping to do!
This is outside!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yuck! The bugs must have been disgusting. Grandpa said when he was on Guam there was all kinds of different bugs there also. He also said in the rainy season the frogs came out and some were about 6 inches in diameter. Hope you don't get those there.

zoe'smom said...

You need to get a holster to carry your can of Raid around with you...then you can "quick draw" those icky bugs! PPPPPPFFFFFFTTTT!!!!!!!!!