Sunday, March 15, 2009

Taste Bud Adventures

Latest in the weird food department...the Ant Egg Omelet. I got to share this wonderful treat with a bunch of my co-workers on Friday. I just had to break out the camera phone to share this with everybody back home. It is not actually made of ant eggs, but it has ant-eggs in it for a little extra protein. I don't know what kind of ant can lay an egg that big though...it is the size of about 3 or 4 grains of rice!

How does it taste you might ask? Not really like anything actually. They just kind of explode in your mouth when you chew them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is almost to disgusting to write about, and disturbing!
Chris, I hope you're not to bored with the food in the US once you and Lea Ann get back home. You might have to check under a log or two for some grubs!
Bon Appetit.......
Susan

zoe'smom said...

That looks scrumptious....lol!

Anonymous said...

what is wrong with you???