Today at school the English Department students celebrated "Intercultural Day." They've been working on many different projects for that last couple months to get ready for the day. Many classes put on skits with some even about Christmas, (well, about Santa Clause and presents). One student made up her own rap about the holidays and was actually pretty good. They also had a dance competition between various classes where the girls picked popular music from around the world (most of it being American and Korean pop) and made up routines.
Other classes set up their own stands were you could buy crafts or play different games to win prizes. They had a game where you tried to pick up floating balls out of a pool with a net that dissolved if you weren't quick enough.
The rest of the classes set up food shops with different foods from around the world. Thai people love food. They had some really interesting things and some I wasn't so sure about. One of the teachers bought me squid on a stick and to be polite I tried to choke it down, (luckily my friend Liberty was nearby to save me). I am not a fan of tentacles!

Me and Cake ~ She is one of the students I've taught and a really sweet girl.

Friends Liberty and Am, we eat lunch together at school.
2 comments:
Squid on a stick, hmmmm. I bet Chris would have eaten it! I'm siding with you on this one Lea Ann, yuk!
Susan
I cant believe you didn't try the squid. Everyone knows food is best served on a stick
Post a Comment